Friday, August 17, 2007

Random Thoughts On My End of Summer

Summer is almost over. A part of me is happy, it's been hot, we're tired, we've been busy, it will be nice to be in a routine and let things slow down. A part of me is sad, "where did the summer go" another summer down with our young children, next summer we will all be a year older. Yet a part of me is excited for fall, the cooler weather, back to school, shopping ;) for school supplies and clothes, a new routine,the excitement that builds up to the Holidays. Life is wonderful with its changing seasons isn't it?

I just got back from a trip to Colorado to visit my family. I am the oldest of 7 so there are lots of aunts and uncles, cousins and of course grandma and grandpa to visit with my kids. It was great to see them all. I love my family so much. It was great to be with them and let my children experience a piece of the world that I grew up in. My husband was home working so we missed him. As much as I loved the visit it is so wonderful to be home and be back in "my" world. The world that we have created with our children.

School starts in a week. I will have a 7th grader and a 4th grader. 7th grade! I am amazed. My daughter registered yesterday and got her locker and schedule and walked through the halls finding her classes. I couldn't help reflect back to my jr high years...Jr high is such an awkward time it seems. Everyone is trying to figure out who they are yet there's a contagious excitement in the air. New school, new teachers, new routine, lockers, gym class, finding friends that will remain those close friends through to high school graduation. It is with awe that I watch her approach this change, she is excited but nervous; as she should be. I'm thankful I get to watch her through this phase of her life as she transitions from little girl to young woman. She knows who she is and will stand out in the crowds! But I sure miss my little girl. At least I have my baby girl! What will I do when she goes to Jr High? Oh I don't even want to think of those days...I'm going to go rock my baby and enjoy each moment until then :)

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed