We are busy in our house preparing for our county fair! I loved the fair as a kid but as a mom it seems like so much more work! I feel like I have a hundred projects getting my kids to get their 2-3 projects done! My daughter Megan and my son Chase both have market lambs for 4-H. What fun it has been to watch these babies grow over the past several months! Megan is also making a big reading pillow out of her quilting project and is building a bench for her woodworking project. Chase along with his lamb is doing a shadow box in woodworking to display his numerous medals and ribbons won during his young wrestling career and is doing a video on how to prepare for a safe hunting trip. All projects are quite impressive and fun. It's been fun watching the kids develop talents as they work on these projects. I hope it gives them the opportunity to explore different things until they find exactly what they want to pursue for their hobbies. I have to admit though, I will let out a huge sigh of relief when this is all over!! School starts on Monday and fair starts on Wed, what a hectic week we will have next week! It will be fun to look at all those trophies and ribbons this winter as we sit by the fire sipping hot chocolate! Cheers to county fairs, hard work, determination, a few tears along the way and most of all time spent together as a family working on a common goal!
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I never updated this post...the kids did great at the fair. My son took Grand Champion for his shotgun project!!! They all got blue ribbons and several trophies...I was very pleased with their efforts:)
Post a Comment