Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Happy Independence Day America!!!


I strongly feel we live in the most blessed country on the earth. America is beautiful from sea to shining sea, she offers more opportunities to her people than any other. In America, you are in charge of your destiny, yea sure circumstances can help or hinder but in no other country can any individual rise to the occassion and make a mountain out of nothing.

Thank you to our troops who sacrifice and have sacrificed so that these freedoms can continue and others can afford the same freedoms. My heart goes out to their families, thank you!

God Bless America!! Don't you just love our flag? I love the red, white and blue. I have one hanging on my front porch all summer long and I take great honor in displaying it! The National Anthem is a song we all learn in our childhood and sing at the ballfield, social events, etc. I never knew the tear jerking story behind that song. There is an amazing email going around that tells the story behind the penning of the Star Spangled Banner. I tried to get it on here to share, but I need Blogging For Dummies, I couldn't figure it out. The story made me realize just how special that song and our flag is. . .

Happy Fourth of July to each and every one of you!!!
You can listen to the clip here: http://www.kidsdreamspot.com/articles.php

1 comment:

Wendy Christensen said...

Your blog entry made me feel very proud to be an American! I too agree that we live in a very blessed country! It's amazing how much we have to be thankful for when you really stop to think about it.... I hope you and your family enjoyed a wonderful 4th of July! (I thought of you while we were in Idaho...) WOW it was hot ...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed